Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pixi Pink with Glitter Tips for BCA Month




So I'm not really a pink girl, but when I saw Pixi's Real Rose at Target I had to have it. Target periodically has $3 off coupons for Pixi Cosmetics on their website or in the Target Beauty bags. Pixi Cosmetics are a bit pricey and their polish is $8 for a 7ml/.25 fl oz bottle, which is half the size of a typical bottle. Pixi is one of Target's higher end cosmetic brands, so when I saw the coupon I thought I'd get a few polishes, I think I have 6. My Target carries a selection of Pixi polishes and other products, but you can also order the whole line of Pixi products from their website.

 


Since it is October, and National Breast Cancer Awareness Month I thought I'd pull out one of my few pink polishes that I have that I have yet to try. I wonderful lady that is one of my mom's best friends had breast cancer some years ago. I babysat her daughter from the time I was 13 until I was in college. She was like a 2nd mom to me. She is a survior, and is doing great. You'd never know she was touched by cancer. I had a scare a few months ago, but thankfully, everything turned out to be negative.  Get those mammograms, do those self exams every month, and get your annual check ups.

Real Rose is a pretty magenta color that reminds me of those Knock Out Roses that I see everywhere. I had a rose bush this color, but my dogs dug it up, so I don't have a pic. I was really happy with application. It was very smooth, not to thick and not to thin. It leveled nicely, and 2 coats was all I needed. The cap is a little small, but the brush is normal size. The bottle is tall and thin so the brush doesn't suffer like mini bottles sometime do. The finish dried glossy. Some of my Pixi's dry unexpectedly matte.
 


One of my other pink polishes is Full Spectrum from China Glaze's Prismatics collection. There is a magenta pink glitter in Full Spectrum that is a perfect match for Real Rose. I used a round band-aid as a guide, see the tutorial here. The Prismatics are tough to remove, even using the foil method, so I recommend using another polish as a base to make removal easier. I haven't tried the glue basecoat yet so that might work too. My bottle of Full Spectrum was a little thin and needed a good shaking to distribute the glitter and get good coverage, but I've had it for a while unused.
 


I used Orly Bonder, Won't Chip, and Sec N Dry as the base and top coats.

I purchased this product with my own money and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.