Thursday, February 28, 2013

Zoya Jem

Today I have Zoya's Jem for your viewing pleasure.  I love Zoya and if I had to pick my favorite of the ones I have I think I would have to say it's Jem. 


Zoya describes Jem as: A dark red-toned purple base with metallic dark pink highlights and subtle gold duochrome flecks. This shade has it all; bold color, vampy drama, bright sparkle and a glam rock persona.


I will definitely say Jem is a vampy purple.  It was hard to capture the true color on camera.  Jem is more red on the nail and appears more purple in the photos.  The gold flecks are more visible in the bottle, while the red flecks are more apparent on the nail.  While you don't see the gold specifically on the nail unless the light hits it just right, but you can tell it's there. The red and gold give the polish a certain sultry depth that I love.


Like all of my Zoya's the formula was great.  Opaque in two smooth coats.  The only thing, and you can see it in the pictures is that foils, no matter the brand, tend to show every flaw in your nail.  It is more apparent in the photos since they are close up, but not so noticeable in real life.  The dark color of Jem helps hide any blemishes, a lighter color wouldn't be so forgiving.


 
Zoya retails for $8 a bottle at Zoya.com, in most Ulta stores, and select online retailers. 


This product was purchased by me and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.