Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me with Color Club Eternal Beauty and Blue Heaven

So my birthday was a few weeks ago and my husband asked me what I wanted.  I had been eyeing the Color Club Halo Hues for weeks since the 2012 collection came out back in October.  The 2013 collection had been release early to select retailers online people have be able to grab them in January and February while supplies were available.  I told him I wanted some of them for my birthday.  Well being the awesome guy that he is, he got me both sets instead of just the few that I wanted.  Needless to say I was a very happy girl when the box came and I was allowed to open it early since he was out of town.

 
These are my first Color Club polishes and they didn't disappoint.  They are also my first linear holographic polishes.  My only complaint is that I couldn't decide which one to wear first.  Since my birthstone is amethyst I decided to go with Eternal Beauty first.  Eternal Beauty is a beautiful purple linear holographic. 



Later in the week and on my actual birthday I wore Blue Heaven.  Blue is my favorite color in general.  Blue Heaven is a pale blue holographic that heavily leans towards silver. 

Application of both was perfect. Blue heaven did show some of the blemishes on my nails at certain angles, but it was more apparent on camera than on the nail.
 


 

 
 
The official 2013 Halo Hues will be released soon.  The 2012 Collection was available at select brick and mortar stores as well as various online retailers.  I didn't have any luck locally.

 
I haven't tried them all yet but here are the 2012 Halo Hues on a swatch wheel.  Halo-Graphic is a pale pink, while Cloud Nine is pale lavender and you can see from the wheel they are close in color.  Cloud nine is definitely purple, but they are close. Harp on It is silver and Blue Heave is blue, but they are really close as well because of all the silver in Blue Heaven.  Cherubic is tan and Angel Kiss is an aqua green.


These are the 2013 Halo Hues and they are a totally different color scheme from the original collection which was all pale.  The holographic is equally as amazing.  Kismet is an odd green shade, chartreuse maybe.  Cosmic Fate is a coral orange color and Beyond is a black holo.  Over the Moon is a mermaid blue and Miss Bliss is a deep pink.  Eternal Beauty you've seen above.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.