Monday, February 17, 2014

Liquid Lacquer Ladie Eve

I've got one of my favorite indie polish makers today, Liquid Lacquer.  Unfortunately, the shop is closed and has been for a while.  I don't have a huge indie collection, but these were some of my first and the quality is excellent on all of the ones I have.


I have a thing for gray polish, so I grabbed this during a sale.  I am not a fan of pink, but love this combination.  It's a grey and pink version of one of the very first Liquid Lacquer polishes that I purchased Sexy Secretary (taupe and orange) which I absolutely love.  Ladie Eve is a cool gray jelly with magenta and baby pink circles, and smaller magenta glitters.  


I decided to layer this over Sinful Colors Cool Gray to save on coats.  Sexy Secretary took 4 coats to be opaque enough for my liking, so I knew this would take about the same as they are very similar in consistency.  I picked up Cool Gray at Walgreens for 99 cents and its application was perfect.  This is 2 coats of Cool Gray.


Cool Gray was the perfect match for the jelly base of Ladie Eve.  Two Coats of Ladie Eve and a top coat completed the look.  I've been using Out the Door top coat and I've been loving it.  It doesn't shrink on me and chips less than other fast dry top coats.


Do you love indie polish?  Who are your favorite makers?

All products purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback, but keep it clean and be respectful. Treat other's as you'd like to be treated. I will delete comments I feel are disrespectful or distasteful.